Thursday, January 8, 2015

donnelly news

Next edition Jan 10th-16th
Welcome to another addition of the Donnelly news.
Weather news: it has been a very cold week with -0 temps and strong winds making for some dangerous wind chills
St John’s/Kongsvinger news: St. John’s annual meeting will be Jan 18th at noon followed by a potluck dinner. Service times will switch on that day with Kongsvinger at 8:30 a.m. and St J at 11 a.m. Kongsvinger’s annual meeting will be on Jan 25th at noon followed by a potluck dinner
Plans are underway to once again utilize the shuffle board courts at St John’s by playing Sunday mornings about 9:45 A.M.
There are 4 radio broadcast scheduled for this year that need sponsorship contact the parish office for more details



Good shepherd news: the annual meeting will be on Jan 18th following worship services followed by a potluck dinner
The Jan newsletter for all 3 churches is now out extra copies are available in the back of all of them.

Community news: on Jan. 12th the bookmobile will be in town at 3:30 p.m. at HD & co, the fireman will meet at the fire hall at 7 p.m.
Bar bingo starts on Jan. 16th at 7p.m. at “The Place To Be” in Donnelly to benefit the fire department
Celebrations: tiger gymnastics: Paynesville meet: Savannah Aanerud Tied for 3rd Place on Vault, 1st Place on Bars, 2nd Place on Beam, 1st Place on Floor, 2nd Place in All-Around; junior varsity: Katie Giese 1st Place on Vault, Tied for 2nd Place on Bars, 2nd Place on Beam, 4th Place on Floor, 1st Place in All-Around; Shannon Kill Tied for 5th Place on Vault
Death notice Florence Larson of Willmar passed away on Jan 2nd survivors include her sister, former Donnelly resident Evelyn Underwood and her family
If you are going to put news for me in one of my Donnelly “mailboxes” please do so by noon Mon, although I usually check them late Tue a.m. ;on occasion I do check them Mon aft or evening if I am in Donnelly for a meeting or something else. If you are going to send it via other means (e-mail, phone calls, Facebook private message etc.), or put it in the McCollar jewelry “mailbox”, please do so by Tue evening, as that is when I usually do the most work on my column, however I can accept news until my deadline to submit the column which is 3 p.m. Thursday. I try my best to keep up with things like births ,deaths, weddings, other celebrations etc. ,but I do miss some on occasion so fell free to fill me in I miss something, while I have lived  here all my life I do not know everybody ,esp. some of the younger kids.









No comments:

Post a Comment